CHN is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need. Direct Knowledge helped CHN redesign their extensive website, to have a fresh new design, to improve website navigation, and to make use of a better Content Management System (CMS) so that they can make website updates more quickly and easily.
Their old website was designed at a now-outdated 800x600 resolution and suffered from poor navigation, mostly due to the website having grown to several hundred pages without much re-architecture work. CHN also struggled with making website updates due to an outdated CMS and the overgrown page/navigation structure.
New and Improved
For CHN, we first completed a requirements definition project to identify detailed specifications for graphic design, information architecture, features and functionality. Then, based on the identified requirements, we created the new website, using our ActiveK CMS.
- Multiple levels of navigation and sub-navigation menus let you know where you are and guide you to the information you want.
- Built-in online store allows CHN to 'sell' a variety of items, mostly related to fundraising, including donations for various CHN programs.
- Roommate database application to allow people to register and look for roommates.
- Via the ActiveK CMS, CHN staff manage all website content including articles, photos, documents, and items for sale.
- ActiveK security controls which CHN staff have access to update various website sections.