The American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists is the national association for doctors of osteopathic anesthesiology. Direct Knowledge developed an extensive website for AOCA, including both public and members-only sections, membership application and dues renewal functions, and numerous functions for residency programs and their residents.
- The website includes both public and members-only sections, public for prospective members and other interested people, members-only for AOCA members, with login required for access.
- A membership application function provides different forms for students, residents and doctors, and includes a document upload function to allow applicants to upload documents such as photos, diplomas and certificates. Members of the AOCA membership committee receive email notification of completed applications and have access to application information and documents to assist in evaluating applicants.
- A membership renewal function provides renewal status reports to AOCA staff and allows them to send out renewal notices by bulk email to members who have not yet paid dues. Members can pay dues online via secure credit card transaction.
- A CME (Continuing Medical Education) function allows members to track their CME activities and hours.
- Members have access to a membership directory including search by name, state and member type.
- A variety of residency program functions allow program directors to manage residents, program logs and program evaluations.
- class="simplehover"Residents have access to a program logs function to log details for each of the procedures they perform. Program directors receive email notification of completed logs so they can review residents progress.
- Residents have access to a program evaluation function to allow them to submit annual evaluations of their residency program.
- Program directors have access to a resident evaluation function to allow them to submit detailed annual evaluations for each resident in their program.
- AOCA can send bulk email to selected member groups based on factors such as member type and status.
- An event management function allows AOCA to configure multi-day, multi-session events (e.g. annual conferences). Members can then sign up for various sessions and activities and pay any fees (e.g. for 'extra tickets' or 'side trips') via secure credit card transaction.